2012-03-13

All work and no play

Ahhhh. So busy with school.
I've been filming, recording, writing and editing my behind off. So much to do with so little time.
I've been writing for a few companies lately. One is unpaid, but I get to do cool things (like go to the ballet!). The other was supposed to be paid, but the company seems to be ignoring me now that I've written some blogs for them. I'm hoping this is a misunderstanding, but I'm not happy about possibly having my work stolen. They didn't even give me a byline when that was part of the deal!
The unpaid position has been great. I love seeing my name up on a website. Here are the stories I've done so far:
Boys Who Say No review
Sleeping Beauty - ballet review

I'm going for an interview this Friday. It's for an unpaid summer internship with Salon Magazine. Unpaid internships are always a bit disappointing (tons of work with an empty bank account), but it would be great to get a behind-the-scenes glance at the world of magazine writing! The most satisfying part of journalism is seeing that byline (and getting free stuff, but we'll pretend it's just the byline).

No comments:

Post a Comment